Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Piece of myself.


         Sometimes we do not know who we are, sometimes we do not know where we came from, and sometimes we do not know where we go. Sometimes we know a little bit, or just think we know. Sometimes I feel lost, so lost that I did not recognize myself. Is difficult to decipher the code of life, but who said life had a code? The greatest mystery of life is to know who you are and why you are here.

         My name is Hector Luis Padilla Piñeiro, I was born on March 30, 1995, in Rio Piedras. Before birth the doctors told my mother I was a sick baby, my mother did not believe and trust that I would be born healthy. I was the largest and heaviest baby around the hospital with only 7 months. The doctor says that it was a miracle. With each passing year I grew healthy and strong, like a normal child. The doctors told my mother I need to be medicated, but my mother said that the medicine is not necessary because she believe in God. I had a perfectly normal childhood, my mother handed the situation perfectly. Do not know what would happen to me if my mother had taken different decisions that her took. During my teenage years I had a few incidents where I lost the patience and reacted in an aggressive manner, but over time I learned to control myself.

        I grew up with 2 brothers. My brothers are very different from me. My sister is the oldest of 3, was the first and only girl. She had some advantages that my brother and I never had. On the other hand my brother never liked school. He always said he would not go to college, and he didn’t. However I always had good grades and everything I do is for my parents so they could be proud of me. They deserve it. Be the baby is not easy as people think. Your parents overprotect you to not make the same mistakes they made and not do the mistakes that your older brothers have committed. In my house were all of us were raised the same way, but each one decided to create our own way. My entire family expects great things from me, since I’m the only one who is in college.  I hope to not disappoint anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Hector, you could work on more specific detail to make your story more interesting. For example, some (or one) instances of temper loss, a mistake you avoided, when you realized that your family expected great things...
    Add more hyperlinks and photographs - some visual interest on the sidebar perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I also have two siblings, but I'm the oldest. Our lives wouldn't be the same without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true how you say that all brothers and sisters are different. Me and my sister are very different both physically and emotionally. I think that's part of the beauty in family. Our differences make us special!

    ReplyDelete